Your guide to the fishing adventure of a lifetime: Bart Swab.
Bart Swab is a licensed and insured guide with a lifetime of experience fishing the coastal waters of the Sunshine State. A native of West Palm Beach, Fla., Bart grew up fishing the Loxahatchee River for Snook, tarpon and other catch & release fish. After relocating to Northeast Florida in 2001, Bart discovered that kayaks (which have a draft of about three inches) were the best way to quietly approach fish in the shallow waters of the area’s marshes and tidal pools.
Bart’s love of fishing comes from his father, who also instilled in him the importance of preserving the environment for future fishermen. It was the pursuit of these values that led Bart to complete the Florida Master Naturalist Program offered by the University of Florida, a hands-on course in environmental conservation.
When you fish with Bart, his love for conservation will be aparent. From the use of circle hooks, to the gentle handling of large breeding fish, Bart’s passion for passing on his love of the outdoors to others will be very aparent. While you will have many opportunities to keep slot size fish, you not only will have some good eats, but an assurance that you will be able to enjoy this resource for years and generations to come.
- Licensed fisherman in the state of Florida
- Insured and bonded by Charter Lakes Insurance
- National kayak fishing tournament competitor
- Completed UF’s Florida Master Naturalist Program
- Volunteered time for Heroes on the Water and several other community organizations.
- Jackson Kayak Pro Staff Fishing Team
- NRS Fishing Team
- YakAttack Regional Team
- Manley Rods Pro Staff
- Featured Guide on Bright House Sports Network with Glen Pla